Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Special Cake for a Special Day

I've had some very ornate cakes for my birthday. One year when I was younger I got a "Little Mermaid" cake complete with toy characters I'd mistaken for frosting (ouch!). Another year I got a gourmet cake, made from a famous bakery in Chicago, from the most exotic(and expensive) ingredients, and to be mostly looked at than eaten.. Last year I got a simple homemade cake from my sister that meant more to me than any of those other cakes. Simple and delicious try this recipe for a meaningful birthday gift or a present from your beau on Valentine's Day.

P.S. Don't skimp on the chocolate chips!

                                                      Four Egg Chocolate Chip Cake

(Serves 4-5)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pan.
  2. Cream together shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool. 
  5.  Sprinkle chocolate chips liberally over the top and serve!
-Teri Ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment